Thursday, October 16, 2008

Overruled

Overruled!

I suggested Taco Bell for lunch. I believe I got something akin to an eye roll from my unborn child, but she seemed willing to go along with the plan. I told one of the other therapists that I was going to go get some lunch, and I wasn't going to eat salad one more time this week. As soon as I mentioned the "s" word, it suddenly sounded like the most delicious thing I could possibly eat.

Now, I'm not a total carnivore, I do eat salad on occasion. But this week, I've had three. THREE. And instead of using that guilty "you'll feel better and your pants won't squeeze you so much" logic, I actually wanted to eat each them. Each salad has been a feast, almost like a brownie sundae.

Now, seriously. What kind of baby craves salad? Is this someone I really want to have in the house? Can't you just hear it..."Mom, we're out of fresh vegetables AGAIN. When are you going to the store?" or "Mom, there is too much junk food in this house. Why can't we ever eat the good stuff?"

I've already got one kid that prefers salty foods to sweet, and really doesn't care for chocolate. Am I going to be totally outnumbered by these freakish children?

(I also want pineapple and lemonade. What the hell is going on here?)

No comments: