Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Er...

It has come to my attention that I have been less than direct about marketing my new outlet for self expression. I've had a few people recently say "Why didn't you tell me you were writing?"

Er...um...because someone might READ IT? Eeep!

So, I just stood on a virtual rooftop and shouted "Hey, World! I'm writing a blog! Wanna read it?"

And now I feel a little exposed. Sort of how one would feel if one took off one's pants in the produce section at the grocery store.

What if it is too much "mommy blog" and not enough "science blog"? Too much "churchy blog" and not enough "tattoo blog"? What if they really see me, really hear me, and figure out who I really am?

Well, isn't that the point? This whole thing has been in part about self discovery and acceptance. It is about consciously examining the journey through life. It is about recognizing the fact that we all have the right to be here on this planet, and that my voice is worth using.

It is also about documenting the really funny stuff that Husby and Darling Child say, so they have appropriate ammo for their future therapists. I strive for accuracy in reporting, folks.

So here I am, world, sans pants at the grocery store. And I'm alright with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just get up on the roof and, as the Kiss song goes, Shout it! Shout it! Shout it out loud!

Why didn't I think of that.

I'm off. If I break my neck make sure they bury my in my favorite pair of Vans.